Here are some of the criteria I apply to all Software:
- Is it free? If not, is it worth the money?
- Is it proven to be robust and secure?
- Is there an effective way of reporting bugs and requesting enhancements?
- Are upgrades made frequently and at no cost between major releases?
- Does it conform to existing conventions? If not does it improve on existing standards?
- Does it use proprietary file formats?
- Are the file formats well documented and that documentation publicly available?
- Does using the Software exclude me from using other manufacturers software?
- Does using the Software bind me to using other software products that I must purchase?
- Does it only run on certain platforms?
From my criteria you will see that .0 releases (in my opinion ) only
fall down on point 2.