Other CB Clients
"Hitting reload all the time is getting old! Is there a better way? What other clients can I use for the Chatterbox?"
Try one of these alternate programs/scripts/pages for the Chatterbox, categorized for your convenience:
- No installation required, click and type.
- FullPage Chat and Enhanced FullPage Chat - web page w/ frames.
- Free Nodelet Hack: Floating Chatterbox - lets you "detach" the Chatterbox Nodelet.
- new java chat client. (The code is allegedly available at Sourceforge, if you would rather deal with a standalone app than embedded java applets.)
- The chatterbox sidebar doesn't require manual installation, but on most modern browsers, you can bookmark it, edit the properties of the bookmark, and use it as a sidebar.
- im2 has a stream of the CB at desert-island.dynodns.net port 4040 - type telnet desert-island.dynodns.net 4040 at a command prompt if your browser doesn't support telnet:// style links
- Cross platform GUI clients.
- Command line.
- Local web server required.
- Windows only.
- Interfaces for other protocols.
- Jabber Bot For Chatterbox
- perlmonkscb: An AIM / CB gateway.
- Monktalk - Speech interface to chatterbox.
- PerlMonks pager
- Support scripts and info.
- See the XML generators if you want to roll your own client.
- There are numerous scripts and modules listed in PerlMonks Related Scripts. Some are better and better-maintained than others. Perhaps the most well known is:
- PerlMonks Modules project on SourceForge
You may also be interested in ways to see recent chatterbox history.
This is still an incomplete list. If you know of others, /msg any SiteDocClan member to have it added.
Back to the PerlMonks FAQ