I think you are treating this as unknown code to try and
figure out, rather than as an unknown concept to master.
Instead of trying random tinkering and syntax from working
code, try a series of exercises. Such as this:
- Read Data::Dumper's documentation.
- Pass Data::Dumper a reference to an array and see what
it gives you.
- Take a reference to an array and try to get a specific
element from that.
- Loop through the elements of an array which you have
a reference to.
- Repeat with hashes.
- Repeat with various combinations of nested arrays and
- Then try to see if you understand and could explain
to someone else who understood references the code which
Please try that.