What would be the most significant thing to happen if a rope (or wire) tied the Earth and the Moon together?
- The moon would crash into the Earth
- The moon would breakup at the Roche limit
- The wire would turn the Earth into a giant electromagnet
- The Earth would turn into a giant yo-yo.
- The moon would orbit every ~24 hours, significantly changing the lunar calendar
- The centripetal force would rip out the Earth's core
- All man-made satellites would be destroyed, causing great havoc
- Moon landings would become significantly easier
- The rope or wire would break, no matter how strong it was
- The Vulcans would show up for First Contact causing yet another revision to the timeline
- The Galactic Police would snip the rope and put the Earth on probation
- Some idiot would get terrible, terrible, rope burn
- We finally get those golf balls back
Woohoo! It made it as What would be the most significant thing to happen if a rope (or wire) tied the Earth and the Moon together?
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Titles consisting of a single word are discouraged, and in most cases are disallowed outright.
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||