||Oct 11, 2000 at 17:32 UTC
(19 years ago)
||Aug 27, 2016 at 02:14 UTC
(3 years ago)
Apr 20, 2019 at 13:25 -11
|For this user:||Search nodes|
- Code Smarter by japhy
- 7 Stages of a Regex User by japhy
And the wrath of /TOPIC descended with terrible fury upon dpkg. And all the people marveled, saying, Behold, we too should read the /TOPIC, lest we be stricken. And all the people read the /TOPIC, and went away edified.
- My tech website
- This is the home of my various technical excursions
- My personal website
- Like Jekyll and Hyde, here's my other side
- Preserving the data munging paradigm for HTML with HTML::Seamstress
- You like objects for your model, objects for your controller... so your view?
- Higher Order Templating with HTML::Seamstress
- HTML::Seamstress - The strongest separation index for HTML Templating
never point the finger at tt
- HTML Template Entanglement - undisciplined usage of tt
- headache after headache after headache - minilanguage features galore to learn. no thank you.
- this does not look like fun to me... all those headaches for recursive display.
- nice job you just split your business logic between Perl and a 'presentation language'
cut n paste
I have to say this a lot, so I put it here for easy cut n paste:
You might consider separating your business logic from your presentation code a bit more. You are doing things with Template that probably should be done in Perl. The paper Enforcing Strict Model-View Separation in Template Engines by Terence Parr is a good start. Then continue with the push-style templating node and my HTML template entanglement survey.
Want to know more about me?