in reply to Re^3: Cygwin and Perl configuration
in thread Cygwin and Perl configuration
I'll do that....but kindly tell me usually when are you available on this site so I may post my questions at that time hoping to recieve your reply....
As I said I am new to perl and would very much like to work on improving my skills in perl programing.
I have a huge project that I want to write for personal use:
It requires the following steps:
1) I have to write a Perl script and using the regular expressions, extract all text files from my hardisk that are in a particular format and have a certain arrangement of filenames.
2) I have to compare the files based on date and year and possibly place which are included in the file name itself. Once compared, I want to sort them by date, and then location (if multiple files were made on the same date).
3) I have to be able to eventually take the multiple files created on the same date to append with a header at each concatenation with just the "location" in the header to as to where was the file created.
4) I have to be able to organize these files so that I can use Perl to input them directly into an MS Access DB. This would enable me to sort them and so an and so forth. I'll design the db after I am done with Step 2.
5) I have to build some animations and autoscripting utilities so that the DB will run as an intro program for anyone who may burn the program on a disk and run the disk.
6) I want to enable atleast some form of security on the program so that ONLY ONE PERSON who has the username and the password should be able to use the program.
7) I want to figure out a way so that I can keep a user who does not know the username and the password from running the program.
This is a very important project to me and I am willing to do what it takes to complete this project. Please advise.