It looks like JAPH scripts are often misinterpreted for
obfuscation stuff, when often they are not.
Actually, I have downvoted several JAPH nodes for not being
"obfuscated enough" for me... Since I seldomly gave advice
on how to make those better (in my view), this led to bad
After a discussion in CB with kel and others,
we found that maybe the problem is elsewhere: JAPH and
obfuscation are actually different. Check this summary:
- prints "Just Another Perl Hacker"
- discovery of features
- less used features used in unusual ways
- does something useful/funnny/powerful
- hard to understand/read programs
- an artistic approach to the code
- should confuse B::Deparse
It looks like there is a need for a second section, dedicated to JAPH
writers. When they get used to those twisted ways of using
our beloved Perl, they can switch to Obfuscation...