I started with a clean slate, just to verify that Catalyst is generating runnable code out of the box (and it is), as in the following steps:
- C:\ catalyst.pl AddressBook
- C:\ cd AddressBook
- C:\AddressBook\ sqlite3 database < create_database.sql
- C:\AddressBook\ (Verified SQLite database created properly)
- C:\AddressBook\ perl script\addressbook_create.pl view HTML TTSite
- C:\AddressBook\ perl script\addressbook_create.pl model AddressDB DBIC::Schema AddressBook::Schema::AddressDB create=static dbi:SQLite:database
- C:\AddressBook\ perl script\addressbook_server.pl
- C:\AddressBook\ "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" http://localhost:3000/
The default Catalyst page is displayed in the web browser, so it must be something in the book's modification instructions that's messing things up, and right now I have neither the time nor the patience to debug the book while trying to learn Catalyst. It looks like it's time for a new learning source. (sigh!)
Thanks to all for your comments and suggestions.
"Its not how hard you work, its how much you get done."