So per the Strawberry Perl recommendation I deleted version 5.10. Then I installed...
in its place. Now, none of these work...
cpan -i Tk
cpanm -i Tk
cpanp -i Tk
The cpanp looks like it worked in the console for giving no errors. But calling...
perl -e "use Tk"
...fails to locate Tk with the usual missing module complaint.
So after unzipping...
from CPAN and trying...
...on it, I get this result.
dmake: Parsing include file [C:\strawberry\c\bin\startup\winnt\recipe
dmake: Openning [C:\strawberry\c\bin\startup\winnt\mingw\recipes.mk]
+for read (fail)
dmake: Include file [C:\strawberry\c\bin\startup\winnt\mingw\recipes.
+mk] was not found.
dmake: Closing [C:\strawberry\c\bin\startup\winnt\recipes.mk]
dmake: Openning [project.mk] for read (fail)
dmake: Include file [project.mk] was not found.
dmake: Closing [C:\strawberry\c\bin\startup\startup.mk]
dmake: Openning [makefile.mk] for read (fail)
dmake: Infering prerequisite(s) and recipe for [makefile.mk]
dmake: Trying prerequisite [RCS\makefile.mk] for [makefile.mk]
dmake: Time stamp of [makefile.mk] is 0
dmake: Openning [makefile] for read (fail)
dmake: Infering prerequisite(s) and recipe for [makefile]
dmake: Trying prerequisite [RCS\makefile] for [makefile]
dmake: Time stamp of [makefile] is 0
Looking into the unzipped directory I find no file named...
...anywhere in there. And in the console the final complaint is...
dmake: Error: -- no target
I am making my attempt from Windows Vista Ultimate where the old version of Strawberry worked okay. And the really annoying thing is I can't seem to find an install EXE for Strawberry 5.10 to go back to what I had before. I have a copy of my old strawberry directory, but just copying it back seems maybe not a good idea.