Wow! I haven't edited my profile since 2004. I think I'll spend some time around here. I intend to do more Perl 5 and this seems like a vital community still.
No bio, just some thoughts. Maybe later I'll tell you something about me...
Here are some Monks nodes that I'm studying. Some day I'll organize these links, but for now, I'm just collecting some good ones so I don't lose them.
- Merlyn has a lot to say and it's worth listening too. I like what Tilly and he have to say about debugging in this thread.
- busunsl, has some interesting things to say. I like his idioms and links.
- Tachyon seems to have some interesting comments.
- This , from lemming, has links to a lot of interesting things.
- This node by Tilly is quite wise.
- Jeffa is amusing and has some good links.
- Get Involved!
- Study this stuff!
- ...and the rest of Dominus' writings... (not all available here)
- This node and it's responses are interesting to me, as I use both AS Perl and Cygwin Perl.My feeling is that Cygwin Perl is better for development, but I don't do much deployment on Windows so I'm not sure.
- Keep it LWP::Simple, Stupid!
- This discussion contains a lot of good references for "essential" modules.
- Oh! I think I have a use for this one! (or something like this)
- I think I have a use for this, too! This from jeffa (who says hacker gave it to him) in CB one night.
- Good summary of starting to use CVS.
- A good article on using bad code. Check out the reference to PSP there, too. I think I'll go buy PSP today!
- Why I like Functional Programming
- Interesting article on LWP::Simple tricks.
- Very interesting article on using Template::Toolkit and CGI::Application together.
- adrianh, surprisingly wise for such a new Monk.
- SPOPS Consider this for your persistant storage needs.
using CGI, DBI and HTML::Template (a mini tutorial with example code)
Dynamic HTML::Template Database Template
Things recommended by others that I should study
Email me with your own node recommendations!