Salt Lake Perl Mongers are pleased to announce: Damian Conway will be in Utah on August 1st, 2013.
- When: Thursday August 1st, 2013 at 7:15pm
- Where: Utah Valley University, Liberal Arts 101.
- What: Temporally Quaquaversal Virtual Nanomachine Programming In Multiple Topologically Connected Quantum-Relativistic Parallel Spacetimes...Made Easy!
- Who: Damian Conway
- Why: If you're wondering why you would go, read the description below.
- How: Registration (free, of course) is via Eventbrite. Details are on the Salt Lake Perl Mongers website.
Watch in terror as Damian writes a Perl program to extract square roots using nothing but quantum mechanics, general relativity, and the very fabric of the space-time continuum.
Along the way we'll also investigate: Wittgenstein's dark secret; the diminishing returns of physical computation; Roman philosophy; when Super Science Adventures go wrong; the greatest Lego kit of all time; the secret identity of Sith; carbon logic vs silicon logic; the giants of 1930's physics; elementary spin-half quanta under relativistic motion; CAT scans; Will Smith; bongos; drunken bets involving penguins; algorithmic consistency; God's dice and the problem of free will; intrinsic self-inconsistency; the many worlds outside Copenhagen; and the inventor of stage diving.
What happens when Dirac meets Deutsch meets Damian? Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world!
Presented by Salt Lake Perl Mongers, with assistance from Utah Open Source, and Bluehost.