Wozzit Samuel Clemens who suggested that we should "go to Heaven for the climate; go to Hell for the company"? I'd hate to end up sizzling in the lake of fire next to a fscking marketroid....
Anyhoo, I'd love to see one or several kinds of people burn for eternity:
- Marketeers who avoid any kind of knowledge about the product/project/service that they're selling: fr'instance, the one who promised a customer of mine that they'd be able to get valid email addresses over Caller ID(!).
- People who take criticism of their projects or products as personal attacks.
- People (and I use the term quite loosely) who deliberately avoid revision-control systems.
- People who check known-broken builds into revision-control systems.
- People who write like wankers.
- So-called programmers who can't be arsed to learn De Morgan's Laws, and write baroque and incomprehensible conditionals as a consequence.
- Anyone who, while reviewing someone else's code, changes arbitrary bits of the codebase into their own coding style (hello, Russell! (note: as far as I can tell, that's not russell, but a different Russell)).
Found a typo in this node? /msg me
The hell with paco, vote for Erudil!
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Titles consisting of a single word are discouraged, and in most cases are disallowed outright.
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||